Friday, March 15, 2013

SPRING TRAINING

We had the best week ever when we went to Phoenix to watch some spring training games! We stayed at Luke AFB and it was fantastic...except the first night.  We were in a dumpy room on the second floor and the speaker tower was right outside our door!!!  Taps, reveille, lights out, I thought I would go crazy.  We went to the office and explained that we were not new recruits but retirees that don't need a bugle to get us going and that the second floor was not going to cut it.  They moved us to the same two  bedroom house we stayed in before  and all was well in paradise (Cari)

The first ballgame was between the Cubs and the Rangers.  Fantastic seats, great hot dogs and the game was wild.  The Rangers won.

The next day we went to watch the Dodgers and they were playing the Rangers!  Yes, the same Rangers we saw yesterday but a different field.  It ended in a 10-10 tie!!!  That was unexpected!  We started out on the back row and in the full sun but as soon as people started to leave, we moved into the shade,  we spent our wad yesterday so it was the cheap seats today.


Bill was really burnt by the time we moved into the shade.  I used sun screen but macho tanner didn't need any!

We headed home just as the 85 degrees weather turned to 65!  We drove through rain from Phoenix to Magna with the only dry spot being Provo.  It really dumped on us in Vegas so we decided to keep on driving.  Got home about 13 hours after we left Arizona.  What a nightmare but the week had been great and I'm ready to go again!  Next year, 2 weeks!! 

2 comments:

jeff and cindi said...

so much fun. I have always wanted to go to spring training

Aimee said...

You got lots of good pics! I want to go to soccer training. Oh wait, I do go. A lot. Not the same.

The Big Six Zero!