Tuesday, October 9, 2012

GETTING CAUGHT UP....

First of all, I want to complain about the new blogger set up...I wanted to change the background on my blog and with the new set up I don't have a clue where to go and what to click on!!!  Good thing I like flip-flops cuz it looks like they're here to stay.



 This was a big year for Cari...turning the big 4-0!!  We had a big party on her birthday with the whole family.  We celebrated all our September birthdays with cake and ice cream.  Cari was in the spotlight this year.  We played a trivia game that Aimee put together that had forty questions about Cari.  For example, How many degrees does she have...how many foreign countries has she visited and so on.  We had fun (some more than others) playing a game Lynsee brought in which you shot toilet paper with rubber bands. Aimee had lots of cute ideas one being these containers. We decorated with pink and black balloons and the table had a pink and black tablecloth with pink napkins and plates. Aim covered water bottles with duct tape that was also pink and black. 
 
 
The big exciting day was when Cari and Grandma Helen went up in a hot air balloon!  To celebrate both of their monumental birthdays, Bill and I gave them a one hour ride above Park City.
 
 This is their balloon being inflated.  It only took a few minutes and all was ready to take off.  There were about a dozen balloons that went up that day with theirs being the last one off the ground.
 They both look so excited....Helen said that she wasn't nervous and Cari couldn't decide whether she should laugh or cry or just throw-up!! We took a bar stool for Helen to sit on so she would be more comfortable...Cari looks ten feet tall!

 Here they go!!!  Hang on and don't fall out.  The balloon held nine passengers plus the pilot.
 

 I took this shot just as the balloon moved out of the shadows and into the sunshine.  The Ostlers and the Bringhursts went to breakfast as the balloon soared overhead...awesome!
 Both Helen and Cari look a little happier now that they were back on the ground.  Cari sent pictures from up high but they are on my phone and I think she put them on facebook anyway.  They both agreed that it was a fantastic ride and would go again.  This is the pilot, Will.  He was so considerate and kind. 
 The flight was only the third trip for this balloon so the owner/pilot brought out the bubbly to christen it.  There was also apple juice or water.  He gave Helen the cork and told her it was the same shape as the balloon.  What a great way to celebrate your ninetieth and fortieth birthdays. 
 We have had a very hectic summer, so as soon as we could, we took off in the trailer for a week.  This time of the year is gorgeous in the mountains.  We dry camped up Fairview Canyon and did nothing special for almost a week.
 We fished and fished.  This is about a hundred yards from the trailer.  The weather was perfect...eighty during the day and down in the twenties at night.  We found out the furnace works just fine.
 I'm not much for lake trout..too fishy...but here I am eating one.  It was better than I remembered!
 We spent one whole day driving all over the hillside looking at the leaves!
 Yup, that's a fish!!!  I bought a license this year and so I fished.  No, I didn't take him off the hook...Bill took care of that.  I used fake bait so I could do that part myself.
 This is one day at the lake!  Bill said he hooked at least thirty fish but just kept the limit.  I wasn't catching anything so he cast his fly out and said that I could bring it in...he didn't get a full sentence out when I had one on the line!!  This happened over and over again until we were too tired to reel them in.  I may take up fly fishing...
 We got up one morning and realized everyone else had gone home..this being a Monday we weren't too surprised.  We drove down to Boldger Lake with our poles to find it empty of fishermen...great!  It got all cloudy and windy and began to sprinkle so I got in the truck.  In the meantime, three groups of fisherpersons had showed up!!  One couple was catching fish left and right and we had had not one nibble.  I walked over and asked what they were using for bait and was told "pink power bait".  Hum, the only color we didn't have.  We visited for a minute and they told us snow was predicted at the 10,000 foot level.  Well, we were at about 9,600 feet!  Do we stay or do we go?  When we got back to the trailer we decided that sitting inside freezing wasn't all it was cracked up to be so in less than an hour we were headed down the canyon and towards home.  It was a great and very relaxing trip!!
 
 The girls and their families ended up at our house for lunch in between Sunday's sessions of Conference.  Of course I have my Halloween stuff out and Erin and Bryn were being goof balls with this Annie wig!
 This is Bryn's scary face!  Don't be scared...
This cute guy turns ONE on the twenty-sixth of this month.  He is such a good baby, he has a cold but you would never know it.  He smiles and laughs and loves everybody..love you Mase! 

1 comments:

jeff and cindi said...

so fun. What a great bday present!

The Big Six Zero!